Yes! We are hiring..
WHAT POSITIONS ARE PRETTY, PRISSY & SADITY WALK-IN GLAM SALON HIRING FOR?
• Licensed Hairstylist
*You must be LICENSED or 2 months from graduation when applying. Exception to this rule applies to a Braider and Makeup Artist. In the state of Florida, they are not required to have a license.
*All positions are available as Booth Rental or Commission.
*Versatile - Ability to do both natural hair and extensions.
•24 Hour access
• 24 Hour Video Surveillance
• Backbar is included in your rental for Hairstylist & Braiders.
• You can upgrade your rental to include
access to our full Redken color line and bleaching products.
• Continued education in salon and abroad to further your skills.
•Complimentary reception services for checking in and booking clients. (Coming soon)
•Complimentary refreshments and snacks for your clients.
•Complimentary social media posting and marketing.
SALON CULTURE & EXPECTATIONS
•PPS Glam Salon SHAMPOO’s hair, it’s complimentary for most of our services. As a cosmetology student, you were taught to assume all hair is dirty. As a licensed professional, we will do the same! For our safety we must do a scalp analysis of all hair before we service a client. Clients DO NOT have to come shampooed, blow dried and pre-stretched unless getting braids. Even then, the service can be added on if necessary.
•PPS Glam Salon is a “walk-in based” salon. This means even as a booth renter, you are expected to service walk-ins. You can pick certain days of the week or work them in daily.
•When the receptionist is not on duty, professional’s are to greet clients and walk-ins so they feel welcomed. No exceptions.
• It’s awesome that you can afford our rental rate, yet that’s not all we’re looking for. PPS Glam Salon is scouting booth rental talent that works close to full time hours majority of the week. That way talent works hours similar of the salon.
• PPS Glam Salon is a upscale salon for women of color. So even though there is not a dress code, you are expected to dress professionally and of class always. Black clothing is always preferred.
• PPS Glam Salon encourages engaging conversation in the salon so we can bond as sisters. Yet, as professional's, it’s our jobs to direct the tone and language of conversation to make sure it is appropriate. You never know who sits in your chair, so let’s make sure no one is offended or feels uncomfortable.
•At PPS Glam Salon we represent classiness to the highest degree. With that being said, we do not tolerate bad attitudes. Our salon focuses on women empowerment, building self esteem, and supporting one another. So, if you can’t leave the attitude and drama at home, we may not be the salon home for you.
• Cleanliness is not an option. Your area must be clean and organized at all times. You must clean behind yourself and your client. Also, your working tools and station must be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected daily.
•Booth Rental Rates:
Hairstylist / Nail Technician / Makeup Artist - $150 / weekly
*Redken color line upgrade is additional $50 weekly. This is automatically included as a commission stylist.
Full Specialist or Esthetician - $225 / weekly
For all positions, commission starts at 50% and increase based on profit.10% of profits awarded for each retail product sold.
•Provide customers with a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
•Provide customers with A1 customer service when trying to settle a dispute.
•Learn to work as part of a team that supports each other.
•Provide customers with top-quality products and services.
•Discuss customers' hair care and styling needs with them.
•Provide advice regarding how to care for hair homes.
•Advise customers on the use of color solutions for their hair.
•Be willing to share your knowledge and skills with other stylist to help them grow their skill sets and vice versa.